Mrs. Barbosa's Class
It's going to be a wonderful year!
What are my students learning?
Each student is learning how to achieve his or her highest potential.
KEY ELA Learning Goals:
- Reading (Literature) - Fables, Morals, Characters, Sequence of events, Settings & plots, Point of view, Using academic langauge
- Reading (Informational) - Scientific ideas and steps; Technical procedures; Sequential language; Academic language in text; Text features; Illustrations
- Reading (Foundations) Phonics/ Spelling- short vowels; VC/CV syllables; plurals: -s, -es, -ies; base words and endings: -ed, -ing, -er, -est; vowel digraphs: ee, ea; ai, ay; oa, ow dipthongs: ou, ow; oi, oy
- Grammar- Sentences: Statements, Questions, Exclamations, Commands
- Writing: Narratives (Stories)
- Speaking & Listening
- Science: What is life science? How do plants live and grow?
- Social Studies: How does location affect where people live?
- Character Education: August- Responsibility; September- Tolerance
- Heritage & History: Constitution Day: September 17th; Freedom Week: September 22nd - 26th; September/ October- Hispanic Heritage Month
Key Math Learning Goals: